Monday, November 12, 2007

Have you already found your bestfriend?


The refulgent bright clouds of yesterday morning slowly trickled into dark angry heavens probably around mid-afternoon. In fact, it did rain last night, and I was really happy my wish was granted. I am not really fond of being under the sun, or exposing my entire self under a hot yellow flaming ball. I easily get dark, so better hide from it.

There were a number of students who already went home earlier than 4pm, probably because they wanted a huge spare out of going home wet, literally. I didn't really mind, I don't have any business with their own decisions and there really isn't much difference in the ateneo scene without them. I stayed, and so as my friends. It wasn't really raining yet, but droplets of water started to pour down, bit by bit.



Our friend, Karen, who took nursing from another school surprisingly threw a visit, and I got really excited of her presence since I really missed almost half of this emo bum. Together with Marylou and Ada (the two closest people in my life), we went straight to SM. Riding in a sports car looking cab, bragging with a boisterous sound system and shitloads of mp3 discs that contain modern songs like umbrella, we took spoof videos of ourselves. It was really fun. It has already been quite a while since I rode a cab together with these people.

Looking at the windows of the taxi, a very clear view of muddy roads and slabby shoes struck my sight, and there were drenched people walking their way homes, probably because during rainy season, it takes real luck to get a decent cab. I thought we might be having a hard time taking one, too, but I didn't let it bother me at all. I was already starving then, and nothing else was boiling inside my hard skull aside from cheeseburger and fries.

We dropped by Lito Sy, munched on a light meal for dinner (except for me), and went to Karl's for a few puffs. Marylou and Karen left around 6:30pm; they just went there to talk over a small plate of cookies. Ada and I opted to stay. We thought it would be too early to go home, and besides, it's the end of school days so it's not much of a bothersome idea to stay late.


Earlier when we were still eating, Ada and I had already been talking about matters that started to bug her since God knows when. She has been deeply contemplating about what could have been her crush's initial impression when she started laughing over an annoying tickle. I told her it would be more disturbing if she didn't laugh at all; it's human nature to burst out in laughter when nerves get excited. Maybe either because of touching some sensitive parts, or simply because something's funny. I thought she might be starting to evolve into this little petty-minded brat, wearing bright colored hoodies and skimpy shorts, until she started to talk, and share, with great sense.

It's not everytime that we talk like this. We're never a serious loving team. But it's everyday that we laugh our hearts out over non-sense criticisms, funny faces, or, most probably, because of deo. I once thought we only have become bestfriends just because we share the same taste, the same reactions toward circumstances, and the same humor that keep us going as everyday partners. But no, I was wrong. It was when she started sharing all her doubts, her fears, her heartaches, her long-kept insecurities, that I realized we were bonded to become bestfriends for a hidden premise.

I felt like I've grown into a person to be deeply trusted, through her I must say. I felt like I've turned out to be a much more functional peer counselor than what I've thought. It's been already quite a long time since I felt the overwhelming feeling of having a bestfriend. But now it's time to indulge in it.

I felt so sincerely flattered. All this time she knows I will always be this rotten-minded, narcissistic blabber mouth who has endless spiels to say. And I know she will always be this egotistic, over-spending, in-born primadonna that she is. I just can't stress enough how much I love her beyond all that. After all, it's not everytime that you find a bestfriend as fashionable as mine.

You, have you already found your bestfriend?
I have already found mine=)

4 comments:

shizz said...

roll, i really didn't get to read this part. well, i really didn't read it. but for the sake of putting a comment :P joke lang xmpre :) naalala ko tuloy un bonding natin nun HS. haha <33

Rolly Marcial said...

sira. hahaha. but thanks fer dropping by anyway.

Marylou said...

Ruleh! I love you to death. I wish I could find mine's na. But it's okay. FPL and friends are always there naman for each and everyone of us. Especially YOU! :) thank you thank you thank you. kisses♥

Rolly Marcial said...

I love you too Mer! Muah muah muah!;*